Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SingaporeStay....

May 21 2009 - The day I stepped on Singapore Island with mixed feelings about staying in a totally new place.I left My Country , My parents and relatives, came all the way to Singapore to start a new life with my husband.


Me with my parents In Chennai Airport- just before flying to Singapore
The first thing I noticed in Singapore is its weather... more or less similar to Chennai... Hot all the time and sudden rains irrespective of the season... gvmnt is providing shelters where ever its possible to protect their people from hot sun :) ppl here never leave house without umberella as they cant predict when  it will rain.... You can see singapor's beauty when its raining... full greenery and pleasant..
Singapore In Rainy Weather
First event I enjoyed in singapore - varalakshmi vratam :)
First sravanamasam after marriage - have to do all alone by myself ...ofcourse I dint do as such... My mom read all pooja vidhanam on cell and I just performed as per her instructions... Enjoyed doing pooja alone for the first time, woke up ealry in the morning at five and repared all dishes for the day and even on time  to office after doing all these ...

you can see mobile just below my hands :p

Next comes very spl day  - INDEPENDENCE DAY - AUG 15 2009. it was awsome experience for me to see flag hoisting at Indian Emassy in singapore... children from various Indian schools here in Singapore performed on the stage after flag hoisting.. I remebered my school days seeing all those childern singing and dancing on stage :)

During my schooling I was one among such children to sing patriotic songs and National Anthem for Independence Day and Republic Day ..But May be for the first time in my life.. I was not able to sing National Anthem :( tears filled my eyes on seeing our flag and listening to National Anthem ... An experience which I cant express in words....

Chaitu and Me with our Flag On Aug 15 2009
Singapore is not less to have Indian Temples... I heard there are almost 25-30  Indian Temples ... We have visited some of them.. They recently had shiridi sai baba temple also.. where in they perform bhajan every day as we do in India... why not the place where baba temple is located is LITTLE INDIA :). This place is famous for a big shopping center - MUSTAFA CENTER - You can get evrything there... house hold groceries.. decoration items.. tool kits.. electronics.. gold.. fruits .. vegetables .. what not.. Its an All In One Store by a Tamilian who settled in Singapore long back .. And also We have all Indian Restaurents in LITTLE INDIA where we can have our spicy Indian food:)
 
Malaysia is Sooo near to Singapore... We can be in Malayasia - JB (Johar Bahru) in Just 30 min from Woodlands in Singapore. We  visited Malaysia almost 3 - 4 times ... sometimes with friends and some times we both ... We visited Malacca - Once famous for trading , JB - has worlds first Glass Temple, KL - famous for Batu caves and Murugan temple. Went to JB just for shopping :p
Malacca
KL  - Batu Caves Murugan temple
We had most memorable celebrations too in Singapore - My Birthday and our First Anniversary ... My Birthday was made very Special by my husband with his lovable arrangements... Anniversary was too gud and cherishable in Bintan - Indonesia :)

Wall Decoration For My Birthday
JetSkiing In Bintan :)
We enjoyed many get to gethers with friends and celebrations at office...Roamed all around Singapore for local site seeing which includes - Merlion park , Sentosa, Bird Park, NightSafari,Orchard Road ..... etc..etc...
Get To Gether @ PasirRis Park
Team Celebrations @ chaitu Ofc
Apart from all these.... I have prepared lot many delecious dishes (first time try - but came Best) all by my own to impress chaitu ... :D I myself donno I could manage to cook sooo good :p here are some samples for you tooo....


Veg.Manchurian:)
Thanks to this small Island for gvng me lots n lots n lots of sweet memories to cherish forever... I wish I visit the place again.... may be with my kids... :) The day I started my LIFE in Singapore, I never thought I would leave singapore with a sad face or dull feeling... but today as I write this blog recollecting all good old memories... I have to say ... I will Miss Singapore a lot.... This place has given me evrything I wished for... I have my best days in Singapore...

4 comments:

  1. Pretty good post Vasuki. Really its a wonderful idea to put down all the experiences and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole idea of capturing your memorable moments is awesome. Keep rocking

    ReplyDelete